Upper Valley Career Center
WHO WE ARE
Upper Valley Career Center has been a school of choice for high school students and adults since 1975. The campus is located just off I-75 in Piqua, Ohio. A recent $25 million OSFC renovation project updated systems and technology throughout the main campus. These updates combined with our long-standing commitment to excellence provide this community ready access to cutting-edge career and technology education for the next decade and beyond.
The data tells the story - good things are happening at Upper Valley Career Center.
- 902 high school students enrolled in 27 career programs on campus for the 2013/14 school year
- Additionally 1,800 students participate in Upper Valley CC courses in over 14 satellite programs
- Adult Workforce Education at Upper Valley CC provides full-time, short-term, or customized training to over a thousand adult learners each year
- 88 % of Upper Valley CC high school graduates pursue post-secondary education or are employed
- 83% of Upper Valley CC post-secondary/AWE students are employed within six months
- ABLE helped 536 adults brush up on skills or prepare for the GED during the 2012/13 school year
- AWD tuition rates vary based on program hours and cost of certification/licensure fees: $7,995 to $15,950
LEARNING WITH US MEANS ...
Career and technical education as provided by Upper Valley Career Center is relevant to current and projected employment trends locally and across the nation. Academics and classroom learning are reinforced with lab experience which ensures each student has opportunity to build skill and confidence in their abilities. Students and corporate clients have options.
- HS and AWE students may select the career field that fits with their life goals and career plans
- HS and AWE students may earn certifications and licensure vital in their career field
- Successful participation in many programs earns college credit and provides a pathway to college which extend opportunities for career advancement
- Life-long employment assistance services are offered to every HS and AWE graduate
- Upper Valley Career Center High School students are active sports, home school activities and on-campus Career Technical Organizations, student senate, ambassadors, and student blogger programs
- Corporate clients have the option of contracting coursework designed specifically for their workforce
- Career counseling, students services, and excellent student-to-instructor ratio enhance the learning experience for every participant
CURRENT INFORMATION AND UPDATES
The Upper Valley Career Center web site shares current events, news, and program updates.
Go to www.uppervalleycc.org and “like” us on facebook.
Adult Workforce Education programs ...
|Full Time - PELL Grant Eligible||Customized Workforce Training|
|Short Term Options||Adult Basic and Literacy Education|
|High School Career and Technical Program options ...|
|Agriculture and Environmental Systems||Health Science|
|Arts and Communication||Hospitality and Tourism|
Education and Training Careers
Engineering and Science Technologies
Transitional Access Programming