Ohio Department of Transportation
WHO WE ARE/WHAT WE DO
The Ohio Department of Transportation prides itself on being a long-term, reliable, professional and highly productive organization. ODOT is the state agency responsible for transportation throughout Ohio. The department employs hard working men and women, and budgets more than two billion dollars each year for goods, services and capital improvements. ODOT is responsible for a variety of services including roadway construction, snow and ice removal and interstate design. ODOT’s mission is to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place. The agency strives to take care of the assets Ohio currently has and make our system work better while improving safety and enhancing capacity.
WORKING FOR US MEANS….
- Health and Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Sick Pay and Medical Leave
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
Continually recruit for Highway Technician 1 positions with our 9 county areas of: Auglaize, Champaign. Clark, Darke, Logan, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, and Shelby.
DISCIPLINES/POSITIONS (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Highway Maintenance
- Civil Engineering
GENERIC JOB SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition & subtraction & decimals, percentages & fractions;
- ability to read, write & speak common English vocabulary;
- 3 months training or 3 months experience in operation of basic equipment.
- Applicant must possess a Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License w/tanker endorsement without airbrake restriction.