Marion Local School
WHO WE ARE
The focus of Marion Local Schools will always be the students who comprise our communities. The District will provide a well-rounded, innovative curriculum in a safe and nurturing environment. For each student, our mission is to develop a sense of self-worth that allows the individual to reach his or her highest potential intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically. Students will approach life's challenges with confidence in their ability to succeed and with an appreciation for the importance of on-going learning.
WHAT WE DO
We are a K-12 public school district with approx. 900 students. We employ approx. 100 staff members ranging from teachers, administrators, clerical, custodial, bus drivers, coaches, advisors, aides, and cooks. Everyone plays an integral part in providing a valuable education for the children in our district.
WORKING FOR US MEANS….
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Prescription drug, and Life Insurance
- State Retirement Benefits
- Sick Leave
- Vacation/Personal and Holiday Leave
- Professional staff tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Leave opportunities
With the recent changes in the state teacher’s retirement System we are projecting many retirements by July 2015. Opportunities span across the elementary and high school. We also have many supplemental coaching positions along with classified positions.
DISCIPLINES/POSITIONS (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Kindergarten- third grade licensure
- Fourth grade – Ninth grade licensure
- Seventh grade – twelfth grade licensure (specific content area)
- School administration, guidance counselor, and Treasurer licensure
- Custodial, Bus Drivers, Clerical, Kitchen staff, and Aides
GENERIC JOB SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Good Communicator
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment
- Passion for children
- Ability to meet the needs of all learners
- Ability to stay current with Educational trends and legislation
Visit our website at www.marionlocal.org and scroll across the administration tab and click on job openings for our online application.