In 1948, George and Irene Kah founded the nursery with a little more than eight acres of land, a few plants, and a barn. Back then, they used small-scale, hand-drawn designs. As the business grew, they began to lease land to grow more of their own plants. In 1957, William Baughman was hired, and in 1968, he purchased eight additional acres of land which Bill and George, as partners, decided to use to plant shrubs. Over the years, their partnership grew as more land was acquired. In 1984, after George Kah passed away, Bill purchased the nursery from George's wife, Irene. The nursery has continued to expand over the years with many additions and new workers. Kah Nursery is now comprised of nearly 40 acres, five polyhouses, two greenhouses, two shade houses, many equipment barns, an office, a year-round gift store, and a full-scale garden center. We remain family-owned-and-operated to this today, keeping the Kahs' tradition of excellence alive. However, we've moved into the modern era and now provide full-scale computer-based landscape designs.